gavincreel.com

gavincreel.com

Monday, November 22, 2010

BEFORE BEDTIME BLAB

this makes me laugh.  and it looks like wally is laughing too.

there was this sign in london that was outside a cafe and they always had the funniest placards.

ok.  i'm really tired and i need to sleep, but i felt like saying hi.  robbie and i have been working on the setlist for the gig on sunday and we're really excited about it.  i trying to keep challenging myself by playing new music at every turn i can.  the process for me right now is to write and sing....write and sing.  my management has rocked it out, getting me booked into a lot of great places, so i can get up in front of your beautiful faces and experiment.  but soon, we'll be getting studio space and heading in to record the jams.  in the meantime, i gotta keep throwing my thoughts into song and sharing with you when i can.

it's funny.  we don't even really know each other, probably.  and yet....there you are.  what a crazy f-ed up way this interweb works.  i mean, you can see my puppy up there, laughing...you can picture my man robinowitz and i sitting in the living room while oliver and michelle sleep upstairs.  (we made zucchini bread tonight....domestic!)  the smell of cinnamon is still in the air, and i'm in a blissful way....me and my friends....growing up, and still dreaming.

i'm trying something new for a while.  i'm trying to only drink water.  like....no booze for  a bit and nothing other than water. (i just realized i had a glass of elderflower cordial this evening....balls....)

okay so, i'm doing so well but i'm gonna keep trying.  i think i could use a break from the sauce.  not that i drink it often, but ....i don't know....water...lots of it...for a couple months.  i think that could be good.  what do you think?

oh, and i miss my bed.  a friend of mine is staying at my place while i am away (hi dave!) (not the one who sent me the ticket...) and i just told him that the apt was all clean ...and that i love my bed.  damn...i really love it.  soft, great pillows, serene....i have no idea why i am telling you this.

i don't really know why i am telling any of you ANY of this.

just keeping the channel open, as ms graham says.  keeping it open to the universe, to the skies, to the interweb.

have a good night lovelies

peace

g

5 comments:

  1. The interweb is a very odd place indeed, and yet we share so much...

    I laughed at the Dave/ticket reference...

    Keep sharing. (music, blogging, everything. But especially music :)

    Peace.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the water only thing. I don't drink that much anymore these days anyway but I kind of want to give it up for a few weeks and stick to water. We'll see how that goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't tea just like water with flavour? I'd keep tea in there...because tea is awesome and it's not alcoholic, nor does it have any calories and if you make it herbal there's not even caffeine. I tried to make myself drink more water cause it's healthy and all that. I found that it's easiest to always have like a 0.5l bottle around. That's not too much and if you refill it throughout the day you'll end up with the same amount as having this huge bottle of water around that seems like you'll never be able to empty it in one day...

    As for sharing - that's the best part of the internet isn't it? The internet is weird and scary in so many ways and most of the time I don't even understand the technology...And it's not just strange for you writing this...it feels strange to know so much (and yet so little) about a person who knows nothing really about me. It's such an oddly unbalanced form of communication that still works somehow...because even though you don't know all of us reading this you know that we're sitting in front of our screens engaging with what you wanted to say, however trivial it might be...and that's kind of cool, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the whole internet/blogging thing. I think it really is born out of the human need to communicate, with anyone and everyone who will listen. At least you can be sure people are reading though. I occasionally blog - I am pretty certain no one reads it but I don't really mind... I'm just throwing thoughts and questions out into the ether, perhaps just to make my mark on the world somehow in case I suddenly evaporate tomorrow! Or maybe I'm hoping for answers. *Shrugs* Either way, your 'I don't know why I'm telling you this' just made me smile, mainly because I've been asking exactly the same thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete