gavincreel.com

gavincreel.com

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011: RELEASE

well...i hope i don't have to wear THIS costume.

so excited to get started on my next theatre adventure, PROMETHEUS BOUND by steven sater and serj tankian, directed by diane paulus.  this piece is unlike anything i have read or heard or been a part of, and that is exactly why i want to do it.

this new year is doing something to me.  i don't know what.  but i like it.

i feel ready to lean into it, to open up, to see what happens.

RELEASE.

LET GO of these plans and these 'discoveries' and rules.  SET FREE my mind and heart to roam wherever i see fit or wherever the good lord sees fit.  RELAX my sense of duty, of spiritual obligation, of 'work.'  i just want to pick my feet up from this river bottom and float/fly/coast through these streams or rapids or waterfalls.

i don't get to steer the tide.  i'm not in any control of this flow.  it IS.  and i am within it.  i can fight it...or flow.  i wanna flow.

something about this new year, is making me so happy.  so BETTER.

i'll start it off, creatively, playing this character.  this first prisoner of conscience...the first to act out against tyranny.  if claude showed me how to awaken to a world that is unfair, perhaps prometheus will light a fire within me to smash it to pieces and revel in the chaos.  who knows.  i just be's flowin and seein where it takes me.

the result....i can't explain why...but that 'result' feels completely inconsequential to me now.  it is about this complete RELEASE into the unknown.  into the grey.  into the whatever.

i do find it hilarious that with my new sense and desire for freedom, the first place the universe will put me....is in chains.

yeahhhh....bring it on....

peace

g

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was pure, simple and touching. Welcome to the floating club!
    Ps. sometimes maybe lonely, but never grey!

    ReplyDelete